Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir), [CIP (NRB) 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015] is the Chairman & Managing Director – Al Haramain Perfumes Group of Companies as well as being the Chairman of the NRB Bank Ltd. He is a seasoned businessman whose business empire includes interests in banking, healthcare, hospitality, aviation, and manufacturing among others. He is one of the top social organizers in the Bangladesh community in the UAE and has been seen as a trendsetter in the Dubai business community in which he is the founding president of the Bangladesh Business Council – Dubai.
From very modest beginnings, Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) has managed to not only emerge as one of the most well known to come from Sylhet, but he has managed to be one to the influential Bangladeshi businessmen based in the UAE. His road to success is a source of inspiration to many non-resident Bangladeshis (NRBs) especially the younger generation engaged in business as seen by the many accolades that he has won and by the growing number of followers on Facebook and on his website.
Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman’s (Nasir) admits that throughout his life many of his impressive and remarkable achievements were attributed to his ultimate vision of giving back to the community as well as working hard that’s is based on a well executed planned strategy in line with realistically achievable targets based on effective management at each and every stage.
Hailing from a traditional family in Sylhet, Bangladesh, Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) was born in 1958 and completed his education in Sylhet. After that, he then joined the family business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which was operating under the name of Al Haramain Perfumes in the Holy City of Makkah (Mecca) since 1970.
Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) learned the techniques of his family business from his father Mr. Kazi Abdul Haque and managed to be one of the top experts in the field of fragrance. He had a vision to not only develop, but to also expand his family business from Makkah to new markets. It was during the boom of the fragrance business that Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) opened the first showroom in Dubai under the name of Al Haramain Perfumes L.L.C in 1981.
Many believed that Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) was one of the first businessmen to see Dubai and indeed the whole UAE and the GCC not for what it was in the 1980’s but rather for what it was going to be in the future.
Always on the lookout for utilizing the best available technology in order to effectively operate his business operations, he adopted the Oracle-ERP computer management system which is at the core of operations at the Head Office in Ajman, United Arab Emirates. And he also sought to offer the best in terms of his business and that’s why the Ajman head office occupies an area of 11,000 sq ft. manned with the best-trained employees. At the same site, there is also the 174,477 sq ft. Al Haramain Perfumes factory that has been called “a true example in quality production”. This has been achieved by using the most advanced manufacturing technology and equipment such as the highly popular Agilent quality control equipment.
The aim of achieving high-quality products has seen Al Haramain Perfumes in a drive to assure its customers that they have a global stamp of approval and this has been seen by the attaining and accreditation of the ISO Certificates in QMS (ISO 9001:2008) & GMP (ISO 22716: 2007). As a result, the Al Haramain Perfumes brand name has come to be associated with quality worldwide, with products being sold globally from the US to Bangladesh to South Africa to Romania to name just a few of the markets.
In line with his long-term vision as well as the innovative leadership of Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir), Al Haramain Perfumes has grown to become synonymous with making the best perfumes in the UAE and across the GCC and beyond. Over the years, the company has grown to produce a wide range of top quality fragrance products and created outstanding blends to suit every possible need and personality.
To tap the rapidly growing fragrance needs of the Arab customers and visitors to the UAE from all over the GCC countries & the MENA region, gradually he started many branches all over the UAE, in the name Al Haramain Perfumes L.L.C (Br) besides many other companies, all under Al Haramain Group, such as
- Al Haramain Trading L.L.C,
- Oud Al Haramain and
- Noor Al Haramain Trading L.L.C in the UAE.
- Al Haramain Perfumes Industry L.L.C has been established in the UAE, for manufacturing Perfumery products
- Al Haramain Perfumes L.L.C with many branches were opened in the Sultanate of Oman to cater to the growing demands of the Fragrance loving Omanis and for the entire markets in the
- Al Halal Perfumes Industry L.L.C has been established in the UAE, for manufacturing Perfumery products
- Al Halal Perfumes L.L.C. has been opened in the UAE, to cater to the fragrance needs of the mass markets.
- Al Haramain Perfumes Int’l W.L.L was opened in the State of Kuwait, with many branches, to cater to the Perfumery needs of the entire markets all over the country and
- Noor Al Haramain Perfumes Company W.L.Lwas also opened in the State of Kuwait, to meet & cater to the additional & growing Perfumery needs of the markets all over the country
- Al Haramain Perfumes W.L.Lwith many branches were opened in the state of Qatar, to meet the Perfumery needs of the valuable Qatari Customers & others.
- Al Haramain Perfumes SPC with many Branches in the Kingdom of Bahrain to satisfy the perfumery needs of elite Bahraini customers.
- Al Haramain Perfumes PTE LTD was opened in Singapore, to meet the needs of Singapore, Indonesian & Brunei markets,
- Al Haramain Perfumes SDN. BHD in Malaysia opened to serves the perfumery needs of the entire Malaysian & other Asian Countries.
- Rich & Ruitz, an another Perfume company has been established in France with a manufacturing plant for production & distribution to capture the entire European & the American markets.
- Al Haramain Perfumes PVT LTD was opened in Dhaka and catering to the Perfumery needs of Bangladesh markets
Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman’s (Nasir) keen interest and success in making what have been called the best fragrance business enabled him to think far beyond perfume. He diversified his business interest in banking, healthcare, educational institutions, tea estates, and hospitality & aviation sectors.
Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman’s (Nasir) was also part of the high power delegation that accompanied Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina Wazed, Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh, during her official visit to India from 7th to 10th April 2017.
He was awarded the prestigious ‘Bangladesh Bank Remittance Award’ by the Bangladesh Bank, consecutively for three years – 2013 and 2015 – in recognition for being the highest remittance into Bangladesh
Currently, Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) is associated with the following organizations:
- Al Haramain Hospital Pvt Ltd is being constructed in Sylhet in an area of 120,000 sq ft, to provide better health care services to the needy. The 12-storey hospital will install ultra modern medical/diagnostic equipment. Mr. Mohammed Mahtabur Rahman (Nasir) is the chairman of the hospital.
- Al Haramain Tea Co Ltd in which he is the chairman has been formed in Bangladesh to boost the production and export of Bangladesh tea to many countries all over the world.
- Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd, in which he is the Ex-Sponsor/Director, in one of the most popular banks in Bangladesh.
- AIBL Capital Market Services Ltd which he is the Sponsor/Director is the leading Financial Market service company in Bangladesh.
- NRB Bank Ltd in which he is the Chairman opened its main branch in Dhaka and another in Sylhet recently offers total financial solutions to the Bangladeshi diaspora/NRB customers spread all over the world.
- Bangladesh Business Council -Dubai, in which he is the Founder President, has been established for the Bangladeshi Business Communities in Dubai & the Northern Emirates in the United Arab Emirates.
- The University of Asia Pacific in which he is the Trustee is one of the leading Varsities in Bangladesh.
- Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Bangladesh Islamia Private School, Abu Dhabi, UAE.in which he is the Sponsor.
- Beani Bazar Cancer Hospital in which he is a‘Trustee’ provides better treatment and care facilities to cancer patients in Bangladesh.