- Message therapy is a widely used method of helping people who suffer from back pain. It’s especially useful in helping to ease the tension and strain that can build up in muscles. Targeting significant muscles, such as the quadratus lumborum and the gluteus medius, can help to reduce pain and enable a greater range of movement.
Undergoing massage therapy which concentrates on these muscles can be of significant assistance to many people. The same applies to use specialized equipment, such as a massage chair. According to expert advice, massage chairs can also provide other benefits such as, “Increased health for the circulatory system” and “Improved breathing capability through relaxation of core body muscles”; click here for more information. There are several benefits to be had from the application of combined massage therapy techniques.
How does massage therapy help?
- Massage therapy can be used on its own, or in conjunction with other treatments, to provide relief from different types of back pain. It can also offer several other essential benefits.
- Improved blood flow which makes it easier for muscles to recover following periods of exercise.
- Relaxation of muscles which helps improve flexibility levels and can even make it easier to sleep at night.
- Increased release of endorphins which help to alleviate anxiety and depression.
Which painful conditions can be helped by the use of massage therapy?
- If you think that massage therapy can help with a painful condition you are suffering from, speak to your doctor. They may suggest that the massage therapy is used together with other treatment, such as anti-inflammatory medication and physiotherapy sessions. There are many different back pain issues that can potentially be helped with the use of massage therapy.
- Straining of muscles in the back
It’s immensely easier to strain the muscles in your back. Something as simple as lifting a heavy weight, or moving too suddenly, can leave you in pain for hours, days or weeks. The pain is often caused by spasms of the back muscles. These spasms can be relieved with the use of massage therapy.
- Osteoarthritis of the spine
If you are looking for help with this type of condition, you should make sure that you approach a professional who has the specific training that is required. They can help relieve pain by improving circulation and reducing stress levels, with the use of massage.
There are many different signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia; it affects different people in different ways. The one thing that is always associated with the condition is the pain throughout the body. Massage can be used to target this pain by relaxing muscles and releasing increased levels of endorphins.
Massage therapy is usually a safe and effective way to relieve the symptoms of back pain and increase movement. However, you should speak to your doctor before commencing a course of massage therapy. They will advise you as to whether it’s a suitable form of treatment for the condition that is causing your back pain.