WordPress is now the leading CMS of Internet. Anyone can now build a website with WordPress within minutes. The main reason behind today’s scene of WordPress is the simplicity of the backend of WordPress. However, continuous development is going on to overcome the drawback of WordPress security and other developmental issues.
Today I will discuss my top favorite setup for wordPress.
Number 1 – Yoast SEO
Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using Yoast SEO plugin.
Number 2 – WP optimize
Best WordPress plugin to optimize your WordPress database by schedule. it can remove all the revision post, remove all the orphan post meta, delete all the spam comments and with many more features.
Number 3 – Limit Login Attempts
Limit the number of login attempts possible both through normal login as well as using auth cookies.
- Optional logging, optional email notification
- Handles server behind reverse proxy
Limit Login Attempts blocks an Internet address from making further attempts after a specified limit on retries is reached, making a brute-force attack difficult or impossible.
Number 4 – Rename wp-login.php
The wp-admin directory and wp-login.php page become inaccessible, so you should bookmark or remember the URL. Deactivating this plugin brings your site back exactly to the state it was before.
It’s also compatible with any plugin that hooks in the login form, including
- Limit Login Attempts
- and User Switching
Obviously, it doesn’t work with plugins that hard coded wp-login.php.
Number 5 – Jetpack by WordPress.com
I like its Photon Feature most. It can cause low load on the server, coz all the images are served from WordPress Free CDN end. Though there is some image quality issue, it’s a great service from WordPress.
Number 6 –Akismet
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
PS: You’ll need an Akismet.com API key to use it. Keys are free for personal blogs; paid subscriptions are available for businesses and commercial sites.
Number 7 – Autoptimize
Autoptimize speeds up your website and helps you save bandwidth by aggregating and minimizing JS, CSS, and HTML.
Number 8 –WP Super Cache
Best Caching Plugin of WordPress. It has the mod_rewrite function which is great for high traffic site and inbuilt CDN option to configure like push or pull contents.
Number 9 – Google Analyticator
Easily view your Google Analytics and real-time statistics inside WordPress! Makes it super simple to add your tracking code too.
- Supports download link tracking
- Shortcodes to show off your Google Analytics stats publicly
- Supports event tracking with outbound links / downloads instead of the old pageview tracking method
- Support site speeds tracking
Number 10 –Remove Query Strings From Static Resources
Remove query strings from static resources like CSS & JS files.
Resources with a “?” or “&” in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers, and moving the query string and encode the parameters into the URL will increase your WordPress site performance significant.
And the last bonus one:
Number 11 –TinyMCE Advanced
Tiny MCE advanced is the most useful plugin to convert the WordPress writing the tool to a Microsoft office like a look. It will help you to provide the custom sizing of fonts, choosing fonts, text color, background color and much more. You can easily edit the text without touching the HTML.
Some of the features added by this plugin
- Support for creating and editing tables.
- More options when inserting lists.
- Search and Replace in the editor.
- Ability to set Font Family and Font Size.
- And many others.
Feel Free to let me know the other plugins you like most.